Welcome to Just A List...

Inquiring minds want to know! What healthy suggestions are on the list today? Stop by frequently for the lastest listing of healthy tips, ideas and resources.

An index listing of great videos is off to the right, what not, put up your feet, and stay to watch a movie!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Eye Openers

When we look for answers and information, it is a process-- meaning it does require research. I personally do not believe their is one correct way, one magic bullet, one therapy or supplement that provides all the answers for everyone. We are each, unique individuals, with a unique make-up of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual qualities that create who we are.

I suggest you look deeply for your own truth, finding what resonates with you, then begin your work. Whether it is to simply find a relaxation method, discover inner peace, or seek a cure or a healing from a physical challenge...the journey when viewed as an adventure with many possibilities and opportunities for learning and discovery, makes for more successful travelling.

We each need to take responsibility for our own healing, be it whatever level needed, assemble our support team, then move forward in the process. Below are a few of my top 5 favorite websites that I feel provide a critical information for those who are on the holistic journey. I really have many top 5's but here is a start, we'll call it the Basic Level


1. Natural News
The Natural News Network is a non-profit collection of public education websites covering topics that empower individuals to make positive changes in their health, environmental sensitivity, consumer choices and informed skepticism. This was my first website I favorited in the wellness area when I started to do my own research work.

2. Organic Consumer Association
Another of my earliest favorites. I remember contacting them back then when planning to organize an event at my small wellness center and was surprised that the size of their staff was bascially equal to mine--very tiny! OCA is an online and grassroots non-profit organization campaigning for health, justice, and sustainability. Great articles and campaigns...this is where I first learned about the Mighty Monsanto.

3. DORway to Discovery
This site is what I consider the premier Aspartame Education site. Agh, an ongoing project of mine-- to educate people about Aspartame, especially my friends and relatives who are brainwashed into thinking that this a healthy alternative to sugar.

4. Sweet Remedy
A site dedicated to those individuals who withstand the confusion, casualties and obstacles involved with taking control of their food and their health.

5. Price-Pottenger Foundation
It was established to provide the public and healing professions with historical and anthropological findings, and up-to-date, accurate scientific information on nutrition and health. The Foundation is known for its integrity and accuracy in making this information available to the public.

As I mentioned I have many top 5 favorites, but these will get your started.

My recommendation...do your homework...research...find your own answers...this is the way that works the best for all of us...we need to remember we are not carbon copies, mass produced from some assembly line.

If you need some more sites to visit, hop on over to my website Seeds for Change Wellness, the monthly newsletter on the home page provides a vast assortment of Articles, Websites, Videos, etc that will keep you busy researching for hours.

Have some recommendations not on the list that have been helpful to you? I would love to hear from you, so we can add them to the expanding library.

Oh yeah, Remember to make it an amazing day! .

4 comments:

Robin Plan said...

Susan thank you for sharing these resources. I visit Natural News daily, maybe some day I'll finally read everything Mike Adams offers!

Your website is a wonderful help in so many ways, I love it.

I'm a research fanatic - I will spend time on all the links you give us.

Thank you so much
Robin

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Yes I have noticed you read Natural News from your postings. I love that site but like you have not been able to completely explore it all yet.

Researching our own answers is one of the most important things we can do and you at Movement for Whole Food Nation and your other sites also regularly provide great sources of info

Evita said...

Excellent words and so so true. Until we all wake up and realize that our health is in our own hands and we do have to take responsibility for it, many of us will continue to suffer unnecessarily.

Natural News is amazing but also check out healthcastle.com, they have a world of awesome health stuff!

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Thanks for stopping by Evita!...

The world is a changing..it is amazing to see the shifts that are taking place...to take personal responsibility is empowering

I am not familiar with healthcastle.com but I will check the site out, thanks for the recommendation.