What to know why vinegar is a great all around household product? Check out the list of things you can use vinegar for, bet some of them you have never heard of before.
- Arthritis tonic and treatment; 2 spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water several times daily.
- Skin burns: apply ice cold vinegar right away for fast relief. Will prevent burn blisters.
- Storing cheese: keep it fresh longer by wrapping it in a vinegar-soaked cloth and keeping it in a sealed container
- Hardened paint brushes: simmer in boiling vinegar and wash in hot soapy water.
- When boiling eggs, add some vinegar to the water to prevent white from leaking out of a cracked egg
- Add a spoonful of vinegar when cooking fruit to improve the flavor.
- Steep your favorite herb in vinegar until you have a pleasing taste and aroma.
- Vinegar promotes skin health: rub on tired, sore or swollen areas
- For fluffy meringue: beat 3 egg whites with a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Olives and pimentos will keep indefinitely if covered with vinegar and refrigerated.
Of course when using vinegar for health reasons on the skin or in the body, raw, unfliltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar is what should be used because it contains the health benefits.
Regular old white vinegar is fine for cleaning. For additional uses see the full list of Sixty Reasons to Use Vinegar.
Send in your suggestions that you don't see here!