Welcome to Just A List...

Inquiring minds want to know! What healthy suggestions are on the list today? Stop by frequently for the lastest listing of healthy tips, ideas and resources.

An index listing of great videos is off to the right, what not, put up your feet, and stay to watch a movie!

Monday, March 3, 2008

Top Ten Reasons To Support Organics

If you are still on the fence about organics, here is a list that may help you make a more informed decision.

  1. Reduce The Toxic Load
  2. Reduce if Not Eliminate Off Farm Pollution
  3. Protect Future Generations
  4. Build Healthy Soil
  5. Taste Better and Truer Flavor
  6. Assist Family Farmers of all Sizes
  7. Avoid Hasty and Poor Science in Your Food
  8. Eating with a Sense of Place
  9. Promote Biodiversity
  10. Celebrate the Culture of Agriculture

    Source To view entire article, visit Top Ten Reasons to Support Organics


. And here is the rest of it.

2 comments:

Robin Plan said...

Susan I read the entire article, love it. Number 4, 5 6 and 8 just make perfect sense, the others I'll continute reading up on, they make sense as well but I feel I need to know and learn a lot more.
Thanks
Robin

Susan & Scott Anderson said...

Hi Robin-
I thought I had listed a response to your comment..I think one of the most important things is the building of healhty soil. I really hadn't paid to much mind to this until my husband, who is a soil scientist pointed out that without the correct nutrients in our soils, we can eat all the good food we want, but if it lacking the nutritional value, it is not doing us much good. Those who are growing organicaly are really keyed into this part of the equation.