- Organic Castor oil,
- A sheet of plastic (a garbage bag is OK),
- 36" X 18" piece cotton or flannel,
- Heating pad or hot water bottle, pillows, and
- Baking soda
- Fold flannel into 3 layers to fit over your entire abdomen.
- Soak flannel with the castor oil. Fold flannel in half and strip excess oil from pack.
- Lie on your back with your feet elevated (use of a pillow under your knees and feet works well), placing oil-soaked flannel over abdomen, cover with a small sheet of plastic and then an old towel. Place a heating pad or hot water bottle on top.
- Leave pack on for 45-60 minutes. Practice relaxation breathing by placing one hand on your diaphragm and the other hand on your lower abdomen. As you breathe in, force your lower abdomen to swell like a balloon. With each breath out, practice relaxing your jaw and shoulders. As you practice more, relax all muscles in your body
- To remove the oil, wash with a solution of 2 tablespoons of baking soda and water.
- Store the Castor pack in the refrigerator in a large zip-lock bag. Add more oil as needed to keep the pack saturated. Replace the pack after it begins to change color.
- For maximum effectiveness, apply the pack as often as possible at least 4 consecutive days per week for at least 4 - 6 weeks. Daily use provides the most beneficial effects.
Apply the castor oil directly to your abdomen without the flannel pack. A sheet of plastic covers the oil soaked skin, with a towel on top. A heating pad or hot water bottle is applied. This is often applied for the entire night and in the morning the castor oil will be totally absorbed through the skin. Use old sheets as the castor oil permanently stains.